Wednesday, June 30, 2010

June 30th, 2010

The draft was off the charts, literally. The Edmonton Olilers decided to take Taylor Hall, which I can't say I was surprised, but was kind of disappointed. I felt that Tyler Seguin deserved to go number one overall. Neiter the Edmonton Oilers or Boston Bruins should be thinking they lost out on the draft, both are unreal prospects. It was interesting to watch Cam Fowler and Brandon Gormley fall so low. It seemed right to watch newly retired Scott Niedmayer hand off the jersey to Fowler, who was frequently compared to him. It was awesome to see Brandon Gormely go to Phoenix, who continues to get better and better. Jaden Schwartz was taken very early by St. Louis which left Montreal Canadiens without him. They selected Jarred Tinordi, the hulking defencemen from the USHL. I was happy with this selection.

Prospects I'll be watching, other than first rounders:

Ryan Spooner- Boston Bruins- 45th overall
Kirill Kabanov- Dallas Stars- 65th overall
Jordan Weal- LA Kings- 70th overall
Stanislav Galiev- Washington Capitals- 86th overall
Mathieu Corbeil- Columbus Blue Jackets- 102th overall
Konrad Abeltshauser- San Jose Sharks- 163th overall
Stephan MacAuley- St. Louis Blues- 164th overall

Someone who I was super surprised to see drafted... Sawyer Hannay of the Halifax Mosseheads. I was able to see him play, and watched him extensivey in his training camp. Simply put, I didnn't even feel he deserved to make his junior team. I see him as a Kevin Bieska, just much, much worse.

All my Best; Enjoy Life
Ryan Francis

No comments:

Post a Comment