Saturday, June 12, 2010

June 13th, 2010

And the 2010 NHL season is over, well on the ice. I don't think Chicago ending there 49 year cup-less streak was much a surprise to the hockey world, but still to see it raised, and the well deserving players react, is always a beautiful moment. Adam Burish slightly ruined the elegance with his interview, because as much as I hate Chris Pronger, chirping him right after you've got the holy grail just doesn't make much sense. Dude, you are Adam Burish, he is Chris Pronger.

I was thrilled to see Marian Hossa show he wasn't a curse, and happy to see that Joel Quinville split up Toews and Kane. That spread it out and Prongs can't play 45 minutes a game. Duncan Keith is a beauty, as is his partner Brent Seabrook.

As much as I was hoping to see the Flyers come away hoisting the Cup, I wasn't disappointed. Briere, Giroux, Gagne, Carter, Carle; players I love to watch play didn't completly screw up (well, their first line was a combined -21, ouch) and made an entertaining series. Let's all be honest here to, a little goaltending in the Cup Finals woulda been nice.

So, with exams approaching, this won't be near the top of the list. Once the summer hits, I'll put much more of an effort. There is so much more to write about in the hockey world that I will catch up on for sure! Perhaps more detail on how I though the Finals went, and maybe even some thoughts on FIFA 2010. It's only day 2, but I've been enjoying it a tad, a good study period.

All my Best; Enjoy Life
Ryan Francis

No comments:

Post a Comment