Wednesday, May 26, 2010

May 26th, 2010

The 2010 Stanley Cup finals are set, the Philadelphia Flyers will play the Chicago Blackhawks. To think that the Flyers made it into the playoffs in the last game of the regular season in the shootout is crazy. As hard it was to see them knock out my Habs, it is kind of a neat story. Michael Leighton was spectacular in the Montreal series, and his interview after the game really showed how much it meant to him. Now you've got the Chicago Blackhawks, and hopefully you have seen the Blackhawks TV segment with them playing Mario Kart on the Wii. I laughed through the whole thing just because you see these young men taking a little kid-ish game so serious. Take the time to go to their website and watching those videos make you feel like you know that team a little better.

I can't see Philly hoisting the Cup this year, Chicago is just playing scary hockey right now. I'm saying Chicago in 6. Jonathan Towes playing hero throughout the entire series. Remember the Olympics?

Today, I had the honour to meet Mike Danton. I had written to him at the beginning of the year for support and I had left my email address in it. It only took saying my name for him to remember me, which was pretty neat. It turns out that he had tried to email me back but it had bounced back to him. We were both leaving but he is coming back and said to make sure to hear him talk. I hear people said he was really inspirational, so I am so glad he is going out and speaking about his past. It's a great step in the right direction.

All my Best; Enjoy Life
Ryan Francis

No comments:

Post a Comment