Friday, May 7, 2010

May 7th, 2010

Time to sit down and blog about hockey?! No way, I haven't been able to that since, well April 23rd. Last time I posted only one team was packing up after a short playoff season, the New Jersey Devils. With all 1st round series' done, I finished at a questionable 50% for my predictions. 1 for 4 in the East (ouch) and 3 for 4 in the West. It was spectacular to watch Jaroslav Halak steal the show, and start history for the Habs 2010 season. All I can hope for now, is that he and the team can finish in a very memorable way. When predicting the Buffalo/Boston series, it was really the biggest crapshoot. The injury to Tomas Vanek really didn't help much for the Sabres. At least it has made for an entertaining 2nd round series vs. the Boston Bruins. Ottawa made things interesting but ultimately lost out. People mention the injuries to Michalek and Kovalev, but remember Filip Kuba was also out with an injury. He is a consistent d-man, that the Sens really could have used.

So onto the 2nd round, half of which is done. To be quite honest, I haven't caught as much hockey as I'd like to this series. I caught a nasty flu, and just general mayhem has insued. It's good though, it's life. There is not much point in predicting, so let's just sit back and enjoy the games. The Montreal/Pittsburgh series os tied at 2, who would have known. Detroit refuses to quit, although they really need to start in game 1, rather than the verge of elimination. Philadelphia just scored in first OT, the goal coming from Simon Gagne. That has forced a game 5. Now I just need to get to the remote an switch to CBC to see the Vancouver/Chicago game...

All my Best; Enjoy Life
Ryan Francis

No comments:

Post a Comment