Tuesday, March 16, 2010

March 16th, 2010

Yet another hit to debate. More people will probably will be interested in the latest due to the fact that the hit was delivered by none other, Alexander Ovechkin. When I saw the play, I instantly thought back to the Maxim Lapierre hit on Scott Nichol. The only real difference is that Brian Campbell was in the defensive zone with Ovechkin forechecking, where as Nichol was in the offensive zone. Lapierre had his hands a little farther apart then Ovechkin but think what's stronger, a stick or hands/arms? I felt that Ovechkin deserved the same as Lapierre but we all knew that there was no way in heck that Colin Campbell was going to suspend Ovi for four games. I'm sure he had a hard time giving him the 2. Alex Ovechkin did apolgize for the hit, but was dissapointed in the suspension. I think in the back of his head he realizes that he deserved it, but is more dissapointed in the fact that he'll miss 2 games of hockey. The dude loves the game.

All my Best; Enjoy Life
Ryan Francis

No comments:

Post a Comment