Saturday, March 20, 2010

March 20th, 2010

Last night I had the honor to meet the ex Habs, Patrice Brisebois and Stephane Richer. They were very kind, and full of laughter. It is a truly incredible experience to meet people you look up too. Mr. Richer said he enjoyed going out the night before for a "really nice" dinner with Brisebois, at Wendy's. "Free fries!" he said in his french accent, laughing. Both posed for a photo with me, and signed a few things. It is great to see Stephane is such high spirits, and full of life. I can't imagine what it was like overcoming depression. As for Brisebois, I find it very interesting that he was the whipping boy in Montreal back in the day. You look at Mike Green nowadays and he is worshiped for his offensive skill, even if he lacks some defensively. Brisebois earned the nickname, "Breeze-By" because fans often thought players would simply breeze by him. He contributed so much offense so the Canadiens, and really wasn't all that bad when it came to defensive. He was a great player and I wish him all the best with his racing!

I am slightly ticked at the James Wisniewski suspension. Colin Campbell has to be at least consistent when handing out suspensions. Sure, it was an ugly hit, but you're telling me that it was 8 times uglier than the hit on Marc Savard delivered by Matt Cooke? I even thought the Alex Ovechkin hit was worse to watch than this. I do believe Wisniewski deserved a suspension, for the charge. But as far I know, there still wasn't an official rule stating the disallowing the hit to the head. In my opion you suspened 4 games for the charge. 8 games is far to much, all things considering. The hit Seabrook landed on Perry was to the head an no call. Colin Campbell, you nailed it when saying it was a retaliatory hit, but it wasn't for head. In the video I posted, pause it at 1:15. Wisniewski's shoulder is more into the chest of Seabrook. Also, people say it was a huge interference call, I have to disagree, although the he did not touch the puck, at the poit where Wisniewski starts to skate to make the hit, Duncan Keith is looking right at Seabrook and at the point of impact the puck had just been rimmed around the boards by him. Interference, but it's not like the puck was in the other end like Quinville has been whining about. James Wisniewski deserves to be dissapointed at the 8 games and way to go Bob Murray for standing up for your team.

Watch the hit...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtSx2z_CPKQ

No comments:

Post a Comment