Friday, April 16, 2010

April 16th, 2010

Without out a doubt, this is one of the best time of the year. What really can be better than playoff hockey, every night for the next 2 months? It is slightly tiring though. I made a big mistake last night attempting to stay up and watch the Vancouver/Phoenix game after the thrill of the Montreal game. It certainly has been an interesting to see the finals of the games. I would have never guessed Colorado would have beat San Jose and Montreal beat Washington in the first game.

I made my picks a day before the playoffs, and figure although late, it would still make sense to post them. The teams I have picked to go on past the first round haven't won a game yet. Oh dear, plus I'm starting to doubt my pick for the Stanley Cup champion... already.

1st round:
Washington (1) over Montreal (8) in 5
New Jersey (2) over Philadelphia (7) in 6
Buffalo (3) over Boston (6) in 6
Pittsburgh (4) over Ottawa (5) in 6

San Jose (1) over Colorado (8) in 4
Chicago(2) over Nashville (7) in 5
Los Angeles (6) over Vancouver (3) in 7
Detroit (5) over Phoenix (4) in 6

Not many surprises here, actually almost the same as TSN (I picked before their show, I promise!) The only first round upsets are Los Angeles over Vancouver and that is so up in the air. I just feel that LA has the right amount of youngsters and vetrens, and Vancouver lacks skill defensivley wise. The other "upset" is Phoenix losing to Detroit but I think everyone sees Detroit getting by. Also, it looks like I failed on the San Jose/Colorado series. I called the sweep, and Colorado won the first game.

All my Best; Enjoy Life
Ryan Francis

No comments:

Post a Comment