Friday, April 23, 2010

April 23rd, 2010

The team I predicted to go all the way was put out in 5 games... in the first round of playoffs. Slightly rattled to say the least. That is why you've got to love hockey in April. Who knew that Brian Boucher would out perform all-star Martin Brodeur? I thought Ilya Kovalchuk would be like, "oh hey playoffs, I should be the player I can be so I can get that nice ring, it would help out my swag." He didn't do too much. A very mediocre series for him. He played around 22 minutes a game, scored 2 goals and 5 points. Good offensive numbers but he was also 0 when it came to plus minus. It's great scoring 5 points but if you;re going to let the other team have 5 of their own, there is not much gain. Like I said in my predictions, I hoped Zach Parise would play like he did in the Olympics. Disappointingly enough, he didn't manage to do so. These aren't all the factors the led to the fall of the Devils, but certainly 2 big ones. Let's now hope San Jose can get by Colorado, to make me lot only half stupid. Thornton, Heatley, Marleau... play better then Pavelski's line, s'all I'm saying.

The Boston Bruins are down 3-1 in their series and could be eliminated tonight. One more potential upset, although this may not be a big surprise. It also looks like the young Finnish goaltender for the Chicago Blackhawks, Antti Nemi has played solid with back to back shutouts. That shaky goal in the first game didn't get to him, which is great for the Hawks.

Montreal is up on Washington 2-1 with the 2nd period just ending. My inner Habness is clinging on for dear life. Low expectations always result to better surprises, right?

All my Best; Enjoy Life
Ryan Francis

No comments:

Post a Comment