Friday, April 23, 2010

April 23rd, 2010 (2)

I figured not to make a big cluster of everything. The last post was NHL playoff hockey while this is more random news and happenings for the non playoff world. First off, you should see this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QL2EgTWEf8

Realize the time Thomas Deruns did it, then the score, and then finally realize that he did it in what is their Stanley Cup finals. Simply unreal. I did a little reserch on this player; he played for Switzerland this Olympics and has played in Switzerland for his entire pro career, playing for Servette Geneve since 2002.

One of the neatest thngs to happen this week was recieveing a letter from Toronto Marlies/Leafs defencemen prospect, Phil Oreskovic. He has a storng career ahead of him, and I think he is a great player. He replied to my letter, saying:

Dear Ryan
Thank you for your letter. I'm sorry this has taken so long to get back to you. I appreciate my fans sincerely and take nothing for granted. Your continued support means the world to me.
Your Friend
Phil Oreskovic


I think that is a pretty cool thing to say. For someone of his profession do that is nice to see. I feel that too many players in today's game do not take what they have for granted so it truly is remarkable for him to say such things. I know around Toronto he has a tremedous reputation, and you can clearly see how in this note. So thank you Mr. Oreskovic for being such a class act.

All my Best; Enjoy Life
Ryan Francis

No comments:

Post a Comment