Sunday, February 14, 2010

February 14th, 2010


Such a great sporting day, oh and it is Valentines day; Happy Valentines day! I decided to watch the Olympics last night so I didn't see anything. I started watching the woman's game vs. Slovakia but quickly changed it. I see no joy or point in watching a game where it is 7-0 in the 1st period. If it was men's then I would have probably stayed tuned but I don't know too much about the ladies playing for us so I had even less interest in it. I sure hope to see them do well, and take home gold. If they make it there I know I'll defiantly watch the entire game, haha.

February 12th:
Philadelphia over Montreal 3-2
PK Subban made his NHL debut! I've always loved to watch him in the World Juniors, a solid defencemen and just flat out entertaining. I don't think I'll ever forget when he became angry at an official after a whistle and jumped in the air slamming his hand on top of the net. Probably not a great description, but some people might be able to figure out what I'm talking about. Anyways, he played strong, picking up an assist and had 18 minutes of ice time. Dominic Moore also made his Habs debut and scored a goal in the 3rd to make the game 3-2. It wasn't enough, as the rest of the period went scoreless and the Flyers took the win.

New York Rangers over Pittsburgh 3-2
Sidney Crosby seemed to do all he could do. He scored both of the Pens goals; his first 6:32 into the first frame and his last in the 3rd on the PP. The new blue shirt, Olli Jokinen scored the OT winner, but don't worry it doesn't make him any less overrated.

New Jersey over Nashville 5-2
The goaltender who I am sure will be "starter" for Team Canada picked up the win, his 34th of the season. Travis Zajac started off the scoring but Cal O'Reilly potted a late one in the 1st. The two teams traded goals in the 2nd, but then the Devils owned the 3rd, scoring 3 goals. Ilya Kovalchuk scored his 32nd and soon after New Jersey's other big gun, Zach Parise had his 27th. Kovy and Zajac had the assists on that goal. Another Olympian Jamie Langenbrunner finished off the scoring with his 15th, with less than a minute left and an empty net.

St. Louis over Toronto 4-0
C'mon JS! You shoulda stood on your head, or fought your idiot teammate Colton Orr. He seems to have to big of an ego, and lets hop into reality and admit that he isn't all that great. Always my thought on the guy. That is why I am a little sad that Cam Janssen had to loose both fights, but at least Orr was chucked by the end of the game. The Leafs allowed 2 short-handed goals which in my humble opinon is pretty embarrassing. Chris Mason picked up the win for the Blues making 30 saves for the shutout.

Vancouver over Columbus 4-2
Atlanta over Minnesota 3-2
Colorado over Phoenix 2-1

Last night's games:
Philadelphia over Montreal 6-2
It seems like Jaroslav Halak didn't play to well, allowing 4 goals on 17 shots, forcing coach Jacques Martin to pull him in favor of Carey Price. Danny Briere scored a hat trick, scoring a goal in each period. Jeff Carter scored the game winner 3 quaters of the way through the 1st. Brian Gionta and Scott Gomez were the goal scorers for Montreal. Michael Leighton picks up yet another win.

Detroit over Ottawa 4-1
The Red Wings just simply outplayed Ottawa. They had 40 shots on net, compared to the 30 the Sens were able to produce. Matt Cullen was unable to help out any on the score sheet offense wise, but showed up on in because of a tripping penalty called on him in the first. I am unsure of who he played with but by looking at ice time, my guess would be with Chris Kelly and Ryan Shannon. I say replace Winchester with Shannon! The Wings had 4 different goal scorers, Kirk Maltby with his 4th, Pavel Datsyuk with his 17th, Newfie Dan Clearly with his 13th and lastly, Johan Frazen with his 3rd. The lone goal scorer for the Ottawa Senetors was Peter Regin. Assists went to Alexi Kovalev and Filip Kuba.

New York Islanders over Tampa Bay 5-4
Buffalo over San Jose 3-1
Carolina over New Jersey 5-2
Boston over Flordia 3-2
St. Louis over Washington 4-3
Dallas over Phoenix 3-0
Chicago over Atlanta 5-4
Calgary over Anaheim 3-1
Los Angeles over Colorado 3-0

The great American race is on, and of course the Olympics! A solid day to lazy around and do a considerable amount of channel flicking. Hope everyone enjoyed the opening cermony. It was incrediable to see the Georgia team walk in and see their reaction and also the spectators. The true Olympic spirit. I love it.

All my Best; Enjoy Life
Ryan Francis

No comments:

Post a Comment