Saturday, February 27, 2010

February 27th, 2010

There is not much to say, other than way to go Canada's women team! I was never able to quite get into the games, I just didn't find them all that interesting (does that make me a bad Canadian?) but watched the final game and was thrilled with the ending.

USA over Finland 6-1
Well, by the time I was able to turn the TV on and watch it, the game was already of of reach at 4-0. Ryan Malone opened the scoring just 2 minutes in, and just 4 minutes later Zach Parise scored an powerplay goal. It didn't stop there with 4 more goals over the next 5 minutes. 2 of those came from Patrick Kane. In the 3rd, Antti Miettinen scored the one goal for Finland. Rather than watch the onslaught, I opted for NHL 10 on the good ole xbox. Then my power went out...

Canada over Slovakia 3-2
I was losing in it. We were hit with a storm that was not strong enough to cancel school, but managed to knock out power once we all got home. Like really? Pacing around the house, it was all worry. Thankfully it came back on in time. The first frame had everyone feeling good I'm sure. Patrick Marleau showed off his hand eye, to tip in the first goal of the game. Brendan Morrow decided to show up Marleau tipping one past Halak in even better style. The second came along and Ryan Getzlaf who was without a doubt has elevated his game alongside Corey Perry and Morrow, sniped a backhander in. The crowd got just a little cocky, or just excited. Slovakia decided to be some punks, Lubomir Visnovsky put one in to make it a little closer. Then Michael Handzus made everyone panic. Roberto Luongo (LUUUU) absolutely robbed Canuck teammate near the end. After this tournament is all said and done, we'll be looking back at that save and giving it the title of best save of the tourny.

The Finns play the Slovaks at 11 o'clock here. Really can't see myself staying up for this. I had a hard enough time with last nights!

All my Best; Enjoy Life
Ryan Francis

No comments:

Post a Comment