Monday, February 22, 2010

February 22nd, 2010

Thankfully I didn't miss much in the hockey world while I was away. Oh wait, snap I did. I managed to see bits and pieces of games throughout the weekend, but not enough to say much about them. I was lucky enough to witness the monster hit by none other than Alexander Ovechkin on Jaromir Jagr. My mother who knows just enough hockey to follow my games, and knows some of the players that I like but was still able to explain that that hit was the turning point. TSN later backed her up, I could not have been prouder of my mother.

I'll just start with the Canada game that took place last night...
USA over Canada 5-3
Rats. Ryan Miller is a champ, 'nuff said. Although Martin Brodeur was shaky to say the least, Ryan Miller is the reason the Americans won. Not only was US out shot, but they we're out chanced. Miller didn't just make routine saves all night, he had to make hard saves time after time. David Backes continues to play very well for the States. I'm sure Steve Yzerman would like Brendan Morrow to take note. To toot my own horn also, Chris Drury is having a strong tournament. All the doubters have to have changed their minds by now. A big thanks to Backes is needed from Drury though.
As for the goaltender situation, it looks likes Roberto Luongo will start vs. the Germans. A smart call by Babcock but I think we should step a pace back before we jump on Marty's back. Sure, he didn't have a great game last night. That homerun that turned to a infield grounder was the highlight but the dude is an incredible goalie. Canada has the ability to throw either him, Luongo and even Marc-Andre Fleury (I've said all along he should be the backup) and have a fantastic chance of winning. Who cares who is in net? Either way you should receive stellar goaltending.

As a finish writing this, I realize I won't be able to write about the other games that have taken place over the past couple days. Okay well, I just don't feel like it, haha. Take the time to check out the highlights of the Czech Republic and Russia game (Russia won 4-2, by the way.) You'll want to watch Ovechkin's hit over and over. Also, last nights late game had Sweden over Finland 3-0. Loui Eriksson had 2 and Nick Backstrom had the other; Henrik Ludqvist picked up the shutout.

So hopefully I'll fall back in routine, as games are to take place tomorrow. I might have a post up tomorrow, but it's hard to say. Let's wing it.

All my Best; Enjoy Life
Ryan Francis

No comments:

Post a Comment