Friday, February 5, 2010

February 5th, 2010


Hello All,

A first post to something I hope will continue for a long while. As a person who hopes to one day become a sports broadcaster/journalist, this seems like a perfect way to start. I have a love for writing which I am very thankful for. Without this passion I would be no wheres, math is confusing and science just answers a lot of questions I never cared to know in the first place. You see the brilliant characters on TV daily and read articles constructed by incredible minds. Inspiration to become exactly this.

I have been lucky to meet and be in contact with some amazing people. Being able to shake hands and talk to role models are experiences and memories you never forget. I was able to meet one of my favorite current NHL players, Jesse Winchester earlier this year. Although a brief conversation, I learned that character takes you a long way. Travis Zajac of the New Jersey Devils is also another role model and I wrote to him. He responded and his concluding sentence read, "Just keep believing in yourself and work hard!" No doubt Mr. Zajac I will, for this journey and outside of it.

A favorite memory though was meeting Theo Fleury, just a few days ago; the real reason I am sitting here writing. I was able to shake his hand, get a picture, and a conversation that I am sure had many stutters due to the starstruck feeling throughout me. It wasn't the conversation that I had with me that got me thinking though. I waited as a good friend had his turn. He too, aspires to become a sports broadcaster. Mr. Fleury urged him to start a blog. He took the advice and started one. As I read Marc's I could only think about starting my own. Well, here I am.

I hope to keep a steady stream of thoughts here. Hockey is my thing and am sure that is the only topic you will hear about. Although the Super Bowl is 2 short days from here... Hopefully the lopsided trades continue to roll out (note Kovalchuk and Giguere) and the freakin' Olympics are only 10 days away!

The title to this blog is a quote from the famous boxer, Mohammad Ali. Without a goal, you are not able to become that person in your dream. Find that dream, then find your wings and go for it. Fly high as the sky. I'm certainly going to try.

All my Best; Enjoy Life
Ryan Francis

No comments:

Post a Comment